Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview personal edition upgrade

when i call QlikView com using window service, it shows an license issue that the file was created by another user, but it is not

1.png

and it Keep asking password when we call qlikview file in server.  Here is the code sample

QlikView.Application b = new QlikView.Application();

b.OpenDoc(@"qvp://xxxxxxx@qv/SalesDashBoard/PendingYTD.qvw" ,_UserName:@"xxxxxx", _Password: "xxxxxx");

b.OpenDocEx(@"qvp://xxxxxxx@qv/SalesDashBoard/PendingYTD.qvw", 1, false,_UserName:@"XXXXX",_Password:@"XXXXX");

2.png

i have a licensed server and name cal, however i am not able to upgrade my personal edition qlikview to a licensed one using the Cals, can anyone advice?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1. License Lease is not allowed from Test server

2. go to QMC and Check if it shows leased license to your name

QMC>system>Licenses>QVServer>ClientAccessLicenses(CALs)>General>Allow License Lease

this option should be checked

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Perhaps your license lease has expired. Have you tried to open QV, then click File | Open in Server... and point to the server from where you are leasing your license? Open any document there - now your lease will have been

refreshed.

I think you need a named CAL for what you are trying to do, rather than a document license or a session license.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi, jonathan

Thank you very much for your reply.

I used a named Cal to tried the "open in sever" option,and i can open the document from the "connect to sever" panel , but the version is still personal edition,why could that be?

Not applicable
Author

i am currently using a peronal edition qlikview, created some qvw files and put on a licensed server, and i am currently using a named cal leased from the server. when i call the qvw files on the server, it pops the above message.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1. License Lease is not allowed from Test server

2. go to QMC and Check if it shows leased license to your name

QMC>system>Licenses>QVServer>ClientAccessLicenses(CALs)>General>Allow License Lease

this option should be checked

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much, i tried what you said and it works.

i have another problem.

Originally Qlikview application A is licensed with Name cal A and Qlikview application B is licensed with name CALB.

i cleared the license information on the Qlikview application A and enter name cal B +  cleared the license information on the Qlikview application B and enter name cal A and they works well.

But now i cant switch back to Qlikview application A with name Cal A and Qlikview application B with name cal B..............