cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Browser authentication

Hi,

I have a QV server installation: the browser authentication doesn't work anymore with the machines with Windows 7 and Windows 8 (it still works with Windows XP); the only recognized account is the administrator one...all the others are rejected.

I didn't make any architectural modification in the mean time, obvioulsy...

I suppose the behavior is caused by an automatic Windows patch: has anybody the same problem?

Thks.

N.

15 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by "browser authentication doesn't work anymore". Are you saying it is asking for a username and password or it is not and you want it to?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yep, it's asking for user and pwd but it doesn't recognize them when I tape them, so it asks for them again, and again, and again...

The same credentials inserted into an XP machine are accepted.

This behavior is for any credentials exept for the administrator one.

Pls note that if I set on QV console the "alternate login page (web form)" property, instead of the "default login page (browser autontication)" one, the same credentials work properly also in 7/8 machine and not only in the XP ones.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

can u check the following settings,

1. AD -- AD is mapped in General tab of Dsc--DSC@ur system name---Ad?

2.Default login page-- is't set from Authentication tab from QVWS@ur system name?

3.wht is the error ur geting after u provided ur credentials?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Can you make sure that in IIS that you have only Windows authentication enable for the QlikView and AvAjaxZfc virtual folders?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shiva, would u mind to explain me step-by-step how can I check the parameters you tell about in paragraphs 1 and 2?

3. No error happens when I input the credentials: it simply ask me for them again 😞

Thks.

N.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bill,

I've asked to my SA to check the parameter you mention: I'll give u the answer ASAP.

Thks.

N.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

hi,

Login to QMC,

1.System tab---Setup tab-- clik on folder Direct Service Connectors---DSC@urserver name---Active Directory--here u have to check Active directory settings on General tab,whether LDAP is configured or not accordingly ur domain?

2.System tab--Setup tab--- clikc on folder QlikView Web Servers---QVWS@Ur server name---righ side Authentication tab--here u have to check

Authentication as Always

Type as Ntlm

Login Address as Default loin page (browser authntication)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shiva,

Path LDAP://mydomain

Username: mydomanin\administrator

The parameters are as u exposed

Thks.

N.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

sorry,no idea further on this..Hopes bbt is the right one to answer!