Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitin_bajpai
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamic value update of the inputbox

Hi freinds,

We have an reuirement to update an value of input box (basically comments so  free text)  in one of my tablebox in QVW.

What should be the best methodology which i should follow . I have gone through below docs but is there any better way where i can update the comments by pining it back to some constantly saved  data file or DB via XML. Current options i have explore are  but looking for some method which can be implemented on big scale and with better clear steps as i am new to this :

a. Free Text Box Extension Object

b.Write back to database via XML output or web service

looking forword for help from you all as this is very urgent requirement. Thanks in advance

12 Replies
Colin-Albert

If you need to comment your charts or data, you could use the Notes functionality in QV11 Server

Implementing Annotations and Collaberations in Qlikview

or have a look at this thread. Re: Re: Notes in QlikView

nitin_bajpai
Contributor
Contributor
Author

hi  colin,

Thanks a lot for your input, actually i am looking for some funtionality in which for a certail account  and its details we want to have one of the coloumn in table box i.e. comment and that can be updated by  users (multiple times) and every time is is updated it should be refreshed.

Is there any methodology where i can send back the changed value (after converting it to XML and send via web services) and store it in some files , from which i can load again via direct discovery ...

If someone has implemented any funtionanlity like this can you please help .....

thanks a lot ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

are you specific to xml or database will also work ..?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nitin,

I recently implemented dynamic update for one of the my project.

where i am taking input in textboxes and same time updating those value in my aap as well as databse using macro .

you can see below links. for xml ..let me knwo if you need any help on this .

Re: QlikView Commenting with Dynamic Update (no extension needed)

these settings you need to change-

Dynamic Update - Simple Database

Thanks

BKC

nitin_bajpai
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks a lot bro ..will try to implemenet and get back to you incase need any more help.

nitin_bajpai
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The requiremnet is preferably to some XML,CSV or txt file rather than DB .. is it possible ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes its possible

nitin_bajpai
Contributor
Contributor
Author

can you please help to explain how we can achieve that ..thanks in advance ..

my email address is nitinbajpai84@gmail.com if you can send any specific code you think that can help me ..

thanks a lot in advance

nitin_bajpai
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi KBC,

I have tried implementing the below solution sucess fully in desktop, but when i am trying to deployed it in  server side  it is giving no respose.

i have made all the server level and document level changes can you please help if you have faced the same issue.

Re: QlikView Commenting with Dynamic Update (no extension needed)