Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeybird
Creator III
Creator III

Reference Line in Bar Chart - Manual Points

Hiya

I wish to add a reference line in a bar chart.

I have found how to do this, but I wish to add a number of values - points on it manually.

not just e.g 300 straight across the chart.

on the bar graph I have number of pupils attending after school club per month,

but each month has a different target number.

how would i go about this please?

Kind Regards

Joeybird

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Not if its a reference line.

In short you need to make the reference line part of dimension through the technique in the aforementioned link.  You can load the month/target data from a spreadsheet to do this.

I put a sample together (attached) that loads the main data and the setnumber from 2 sources does it help ?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this blog post: Bar chart target lines in QlikView The Qlik Fix!

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hiya

thanks for the reply, I am using Qlik sense...

any further ideas please?

Kind Regards

Joeybird

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Check out the last few posts (and answer marked correct) in this thread

The member was asking the same thing . They wanted a non-constant reference line. In the end we used  a special dimension built in the load script to use in the chart that incorporated the reference line as PART of the dimension. 

Adding Avg line in a line chart

joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hiya

this is not what after sorry, that's done using calculations on data. great through for future reference however

I just want to add manual numbers point reference dots / line per month, as it could change.

e.g

Jan = 300

Feb = 300

March = 450

but these points could change too

Jan = 350

Feb = 300

March = 500

Kind Regards

Joeybird

joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hiya

I have come up with the idea of creating an excel sheet with the following to help with the query above

SetNumberMonth
8000Jan
8500Feb
9000Mar
8000Apr
5500May
9000Jun
9000Jul
9500Aug
6500Sep
10500Oct
9400Nov
9000Dec

is there a way of adding this "set number" (Manual Points) as a measure (this will be the "line" / "reference line" in a combo chart)?

e.g so when 2014 is selected it shows the number pupils per month as a bar, the line on the combo chart will be the figures from this excel sheet?

Please help

Kind Regards

Joeybird

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

hmm... i only see a difference if you decided not to put those data values in the data model. 

Can you upload a reloadable sample with test data ?

-Jonnny

joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes these values will have to be kept separate from the data model

this is because government could randomly change these target numbers at random,

main data comes from the SQL server, so its easier to go to an excel sheet to update these set manual figures on demand, and load the data.

if I use sum or count [Set Number], I just get one set figure e.g 8000, for each month, where I need to just say, the different set numbers.

is there away of just saying NOT TO count or sum.... just

8000Jan
8500Feb
9000Mar

ect ...

Kind Regards

JoeyBird

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Not if its a reference line.

In short you need to make the reference line part of dimension through the technique in the aforementioned link.  You can load the month/target data from a spreadsheet to do this.

I put a sample together (attached) that loads the main data and the setnumber from 2 sources does it help ?

joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hiya

did try however

I says error, cannot find ChartDimTable:

Kind Regards

Joeybird