Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uridiumabs
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Data security by user

Hi,

I need to develop an APP  in which provider data is shown. This App will be accesed by different providers so that each provider can check it's own data.

How can I achieve that?

Thank you very much.

18 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Data security can be handled by loading a section access table in the load editor. It ties your users, groups to data elements in the model . So that users can only see certain data.

Try looking at these threads.

Troubleshooting Qlik Sense – Section Access 1/15

row level security, how to?

uridiumabs
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I spent some time reading about row level security (can't access the fisrt link).

I wrote something like this in my App (Qlik Sense):

Section Access;

LOAD * inline [

ACCESS, USERID,PROVIDER, OMIT

USER, PERSONAL\ME, PROVIDER_1,

USER, INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER,*,

];

Section Application;

LOAD

PROVIDER,

DIRC,

DZ,

FROM ...

In order to show allowed rows from PROVIDER_1 to the USERID = PERSONAL\ME.

After doing this in the App I can't access the app from Qlik Sense Desktop, I get an error message: there's information in the access section and this is not possible bla bla bla.

Did I miss something?

Thanks.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The use of OMIT means that "*" columns are not to be shown to the given user. So PERSONAL\ME should be able to read those lines in the data model associated with the value PROVIDER_1 in field PROVIDER, however, SA_SCHEDULER shouldn't be able to read anything (OMITted all columns).

Using the reduction field should be enough.

Miguel

Colin-Albert

There is a good overview of section access in this document.

Introduction to Section Access

Although the document is for QlikView the Section Access script is relevant to Sense as well.

uridiumabs
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Miguel,

I agree with you that OMIT is not recessary, but SA_SCHEDULER has nothing to omit and '*' for PROVIDER so he should see everything.

PERSONAL\ME should only see PROVIDER_1 values.

I think this is clear for me. The problem is that this is not working. I get an error in Qlik Sense Desktop as I explained.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Yes you did.

Section Access will only work on Qlik Sense Server .The free desktop will not pick it up and it will instead show you that message.

Do you have the ability to publish this to Qlik Sense Server and schedule a refresh ?  You can get evaluation licenses from a Qlik Account Representative.

uridiumabs
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Yes, we have a Qlik Sense Server.

I'm going to publish it and let you know.

Thanks again.

Colin-Albert

'*' in section access does not mean all data values, it means all values listed in the section access script.

If you want * to mean all values in your data, then you must add dummy lines to the section access script to include each value that you wish to omit in the section access list.

uridiumabs
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

After publishing I get an Access Denied message !!!!!

by the way, the link you sent to me Troubleshooting Qlik Sense – Section Access 1/15

is not working.