Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linear Gaugue - Dynamic Segment Color

Hi QV Experts,

I have a simple requirement of a Straight Table with Expression as a Linear Gauge. For e.g.

Data Example

Phase     Project     %Complete

PROD     A                       0.5

PROD     B                       0.75

QA          C                      0.35

QA          D                      0.25

I would Like to show %Complete as a Linear Gauge with only 1 segment (Lower Bound =0, Fill to Value). However, I would like the color of the Linear Gauge Fill to vary based on Phase. for example - Green for PROD and Orange for QA.

I tried few ways but not working and making me feel it is a Bug. Appreciate your responses.

Thank You,

Ganesh

4 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

I think the linear gauge color  in a chart is one color (always the same)

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I had kinda the same task lately, I guess you can't dinamically change gauge color

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could you display how you tried to solve it?

I have used this in a gauge with this expression on the first segment color

=if(Sum(Margin)/Sum(LineSalesAmount)>=0.15, $(vABCColor_Green1), $(vABCColor_Red))

The second segment is simply Grey. The two segment boundries are 0 for the first one and this for the second one

=Sum({$<CYTDFlag={'1'}, Year=, Quarter=, Month= >}Margin)/Sum({$<CYTDFlag={'1'}, Year=, Quarter=, Month= >}LineSalesAmount)

I have not  tried this in a line chart but it should work the same way . You should be able to adjust the first if statement to chose the colors you want.

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nils, Thanks for the reply but It doesnt seem to work.

I tried to display by writing an expression like this in the segment color expression -

If (Phase='PROD', red(), yellow())

Is it possible to attach the qvw of the expression you mentioned which is working for you.

Ganesh