Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uridiumabs
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Data security by user

Hi,

I need to develop an APP  in which provider data is shown. This App will be accesed by different providers so that each provider can check it's own data.

How can I achieve that?

Thank you very much.

18 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Can you be specific with what you have done ?

1. Imported app to server -> Yes

2. Reloaded app on server ->  ??

3. Published app to stream ->  ??

After you reload the app i would like you to try and open the app from hub through 'my work' and see if you can access the data load editor.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Also , it looks like it is a non-public community page. My apologies. But , see if you can access the video on youtube at the following link

Troubleshooting Qlik Sense – Section Access - YouTube

uridiumabs
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Jonathan,

1. Imported app to server -> Yes

2. Reloaded app on server ->  Yes

3. Published app to stream ->  Yes

After you reload the app i would like you to try and open the app from hub through 'my work' and see if you can access the data load editor.  -> Can't access

We are using anonymous access. Could this be the problem?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

When you log into the hub, look at your user reference at the top (red circle below).

In my example i would need to have my section access table reference this name as follows:

QTSEL\JPE   

Nothing else will work. (case sensitive too)

What does it say for your user and what is in your section access table specifically ? Do you have an accurate reference or are you locked out ? do you have a backup that does not have Section Access ?

Untitled.png

uridiumabs
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Our access is anonymous so far, so we don't log into the hub:

I see the button 'open session'. The server admin says that to be able to have users it's necessary to open an specific port (4248) which we can't open since this server is available throught internet.

He asks about having a workaround or something to avoid opening that port.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Ok.

My understanding is that if all users are anonymous then Section Access is not relevant because there is only one data security profile = anonymous. There isn't any kind of user or user group differentiation.

Next question:  how ARE you establishing user or group differentiation in your Qlik Sense server environment for the different providers ?

Asked another way...what authentication mechanism are you currently using to allow access by the users ?  Windows, Site Minder etc...

uridiumabs
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Ok Jonathan,

At this moment we are just testing, no user authentication mechanism. We want to have this server Internet available.

We would like to have some advice on how to achieve this, what authentication mechanism, etc.

Could you help with that? How should we proceed?

Thank you very much.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I think its a little beyond the scope of this forum.

I would suggest engaging your Qlik account team for some help.

There are some basic resources here

New to Qlik Sense Server Videos

I have worked on 1 or 2 extranet deployments. In both, the organization has a user repository for the external users and a method to authenticate them .  The next step is configure Qlik Sense to recognize that security. By default QLik Sense uses active directory but you can certainly configure it to point out standard web authentication mechanisms.

A colleague posted this which talks about virtual proxies in QLik Sense. These are used to recognize users from existing security mechanisms.  See if this helps.

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-8135

uridiumabs
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I understand Jonathan.

I'll take a look at the links provided.

Many thanks for your help anyway.

Regards.