Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

using where exists() on sql load

Hi,

i have a small problem with "where exists" and a sql load and did not find existing solutions while searching the community. Where existst works fine with qvd containers or resident loads, but seems not to work with external sql sources.

my goal is to limit a load from a qvd container and then limit the load form a sql database by a field from the previous qvd load.

customers:

LOAD

CU_ID,

firstname,

lastname,

company,

areacode,

createdate

FROM

$(vQVDstore)customers.qvd

(qvd)

where createdate>=20100101

;

ORDERS:

SQL SELECT * FROM DB."customer_orders"

where exists (CU_ID)

;

All i gt is an error. where exist works with other loads and SQL supports where exists like in this example:

SELECT *

FROM suppliers

WHERE EXISTS (SELECT *

FROM orders

WHERE suppliers.supplier_id = orders.supplier_id);

I will appreciate any help or suggestions, thank you

3 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

where exists (select * from ......) is a valid sql syntax (subquery)

where exists (CU_ID) isn't a valid sql syntax

you are making a mix between sql syntax and qlikview syntax trying to ask to the database server to check  for a valid CU_ID (field of a QlikView in memory db)

I think it could be

ORDERS:

load * where where exists (CU_ID);

SQL SELECT * FROM DB."customer_orders";

the SQL ....... read all the table from the dbms

the load filter CU_ID in QlikView

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Does anyone have a solution for an incremental load situation, where we would like to avoid loading the entire table and then filtering?   Specifically, after a load of a qvd that contains order numbers, only select those rows from the database using the order numbers from the qvd.  In this situation there is no other way to identify the records in the database.

Thanks for any ideas.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

usually there is a timestamp, date, a field (createdate?) to identify changed record from last qlikview reload

in QlikView help there is a "using qvd file for incremental load" with 4 different examples