Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

What is Active Directory Access Control & how to setup it for my Qvw...?

Hi All,

What is Active Directory Access Control...?

what it will do for the Qlikview Applications...?

What I have to do ,  If I  Want  to setup  Active Directory Access Control for my  Qlikview Application...?

Can any body respond or share a detailed document about this setup in Qlikview Applications..

And also please share what are the challenges , limitations & prerequisites for this setup...

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Vishal.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

hi,

Active Directory (AD) is created by ur network team to maintain  all ur company employees with respect to domains and provide access accordingly to access ur company system/email...etc.,in another way if we want say it't purly related to QlikView.

example: INT\Vishal OR ASIA\Vishal

You have to get ur company AD details and configure in QEMC to provide qlikview applications access to all ur employees.

What I have to do ,  If I  Want  to setup  Active Directory Access Control for my  Qlikview Application...?

same as above,nathing apart from that.

Can any body respond or share a detailed document about this setup in Qlikview Applications..

this set-up in QEMC not in application levelad.png

And also please share what are the challenges , limitations & prerequisites for this setup

u cann't able to provide access to external users(who ar not part of ur AD domain)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

hi,

Active Directory (AD) is created by ur network team to maintain  all ur company employees with respect to domains and provide access accordingly to access ur company system/email...etc.,in another way if we want say it't purly related to QlikView.

example: INT\Vishal OR ASIA\Vishal

You have to get ur company AD details and configure in QEMC to provide qlikview applications access to all ur employees.

same as above,nathing apart from that.

this set-up in QEMC not in application levelad.png

And also please share what are the challenges , limitations & prerequisites for this setup

u cann't able to provide access to external users(who ar not part of ur AD domain)

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Shiva Reddy

Thanks a lot for your Response ,can you  plz forward some Documents / PDF materials to get more information on Active Directory Access Control...

Thanks

Vishal

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

to be frank i don't have much doncs on this subject,but u can get some information from qlikview server reference manually. or just simply google it on community u fine  many docs.