cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dropdown extension for QlikSense

Hi All,

I am in a need of creating dropdown extension object which will allow "Always one selected" feature included.(there is already an extension with listbox, but this is occupying more space when working with QlikSense).

I have tried changing existing listbox extension to dropdown, but could not find any solution.

Can any one help on this.

We need this feature on high priority.

Regards,

Chenna

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Chenna - are you interested in setting a default value for the chart objects instead? This will give you the same result, I believe. Unless you have another usecase in mind. You can also have the option to change the value if need be. See attached .qvf file.

Copy .qvf to C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps - refresh Desktop with F5

For example your measure can be locked to the default dimension value using Set Analysis - like this:

if(getselectedcount(CategoryName) = 0, Sum({$<CategoryName={$(DefaultCat)}>}Sales),

Sum(Sales))

I also used a variable to set the default selections - see the load editor in the app.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the quick update.

My need for the dropdown is different as below,

We wanted to display a chart dynamically with selected Dimension & Measure (always one should be selected).

Dimensions & Measures are defined in the Inline.

Using a Listbox extension which has always one selected feature we were able to create chart, due to too many listboxes to be accommodated in a sheet with more space occupied we wanted to overcome using dropdown option.

As QlikSense can't allow overlying an object on another, we wanted to go with dropdown approach to release the space for other charts to accommodate.

Hope it is clear.

Thank you

Regards,

Chenna

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Chenna,

See if this document may help:

Emulating cyclic dimension group in Qlik Sense Desktop

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the details.

I have tried this method and the problem here is user has to deselect previously selected and select another for a dimension change.

I think this may not justify the user needs.

Thank you.

Regards,

Chenna