Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

QlikView Server v11.20 SR10 and IIS - authentication request for domain users

Hello,

Recently We modified the installation of QlikView Server v11.20 SR10 switching from QVWS to IIS as web server.

After the installation completed successfully the domain users are getting the window authentication request asking for username/password, while before using QVWS that pop-up didn't comes up.

We need to fix it to enable the domain users to open the access point through integrated windows authentication without the needs to enter username and password again.

Can anyone guide me to the right direction to achieve it ?

It's urgent because our customer are calling us many times for this behaviour !

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Andrea

Labels (1)
11 Replies
simsondevadoss
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

dl.png

this is general seetting on qvws to login users defaultly,hope sthe same setting on ur iis SERVER in qemc,pls check and set accordingly.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

Yes the actual settings is like above

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

I just taked a look at that thread but I don't know if the patch (build 11.2.12758) fix this issue.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

if tht's the case there is a  issue going on "Important Information for QlikView Server 11.20 SR10 administrators using Microsoft Internet Informa..." hopes tht might be impact,pls contact qlik support!

i think yesterday we all got email's from Qlik abt this issue.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

u have to contact qlik support for this,they will assist to u to perform some settings,it's minor thing.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

I created a new case on qlik support, sent an email to support@qlik.com but until now no answers.

Before apply the patch I'd like to be sure that it'll fix the problem or the real cause is elsewhere.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

hopes u will get reply from them shotrly..they will let u know this issue is relevent ot that or not!

i have one concern,ur saying after u cahges ur webserver from QVWS to IIS u are getting this issue.

Is't happened immediately after u performed the above change ? or earlier any one of the users are able to login defaultly without proving username& password with IIS web server?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion
Author

No It's happened from the beginning after changed the web server to IIS.

For our customer this issue has high priority because they are thinking to make a restore of the server and go back to QVWS.