cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Labels according to a selection

Hi,

My requirement is to build a chart which displays 3 metrics dynamically, each one when clicked.

So I loaded a table with metric names and their corresponding expressions.And I used list box extension to display metric names and upon selection of each metric , the expressions would be changed dynamically.

I want to change the labels also dynamically according to the metrics.But I am unable to do that because label field in the properties is static and doesn't allow an expression.

So Is there a way through which I can achieve dynamic labels?

Thanks,

Manasa.

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Manasa,

With the current version this option is not available.

Instead you can give a specific label/title name to the metrics which your using in the list box extension

and use the same name for labelling the expression

Hope this helps

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vignesh,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I implemented dynamic title for the chart w.r.t metrics but I am unable to use the same metric names in the labels which change dynamically because I can give only 1 name in the label field which would be statiuc and doesn't change when any selection is made.

Thanks,

Manasa.

vikasmahajan

please check attached file if helpful.

vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
vikasmahajan

please attach sample if possible

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vikas,

Sample file is attached below.

In that I want to show labels as Revenue, Quantity and Price in the chart when that Particular selection is made.

vikasmahajan

Please give some time

rubenmarin

Hi Manasa, maybe you can use a workaround, use the Graph title to show the Metric selected and remove the labels of the expression, something like the example attached.

dmitry909
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, Manasa, check this:

Emulating dynamic labels in Qlik Sense

I hope it helps you to solve problems with dynamic labels.