Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subtotals by data values in fields - straight and pivot table

Can anyone tell me how to make subtotals by data values in a particular field.  Pretty sure this will be a straight table I do this on.  See the attachement for an excel example.   Thanks MA

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

that sure is on the right track!!    I would like the word total to be a seperate line in color field, and not sure I understand why there are 2 cost columns.     in my original post I have a picture of what they are looking for (you know can you take this excel spreadsheet and put it in QV but make it look like this....)  Your definately on the right track

sunny_talwar

Two cost columns because subtotals for each would show only if I have more than 1 dimension here. So I added Cost as another dimension. Let me see if I can fix the color thingie.

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

See if this is helpful (PFA)

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes yes thats what I need (well I dont need the first column but surely I can hide that (1,2,3)    Totally cool  do you have an explanation of how you did this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

im assumming i can put a grand total in there also...

sunny_talwar

I just created the groupings in the script and then used partial totals for color within each Group. You can creat the subtotal by adding a partial subtotal for Group.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

THANK YOU so much!

sunny_talwar

Not a problem, I am glad I was able to help.

Best,

Sunny