Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server goes down

We often have issues with the QlikView Server service.  After a reboot of our physical server, we will sometimes see this message after someone tries to open a large QVW and it times out.

When we look at the status of the services, we see that QlikView Server is still running:

Why would we be seeing "No Server" then?  The only way we have been able to resolve this is to reboot the physical server again.  This often has to be done a few times to get it "right", especially if people are continually trying to open reports immediately after the reboot.  Furthermore, when the server comes back up after a reboot, the QlikView Server service never starts up, even though it's Startup Type is Automatic.  We always have to start it up manually.  This service used to start on its own but has not for at least a year now.  I'm not sure if it's related to an upgrade or not.

Users are very frustrated when they can't access their reports.  Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

11 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Have you look at the QVS event log to see if you are running out of memory and the service freezing up? This error you are showing means the webserver can't talk to the QVS server. If the two are not on the same box it would be a network issue.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

This is what the event log shows:

We use one server for QlikView (webserver and QVS are on the same box).

cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

Hi John,

General it's better to set the start type for the QlikView services to "Automatic (Delayed Start)".

Some time ago I had a similar problem. The QlikView services could not connect to the server, even though they all run with the same domain user - this caused the same error message.

I could solve my problem with the following steps:

in QMS go to System - Setup.

1. For the QlikView Server on the sheet "Security" enable "Allow admin using name and password".

2. On the sheet "Login" enter the fields with the same user your services are running.

3. Do step 2 for all other QlikView services.

Regards

Christian

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

ur not applied license on ur server,that's y it's showing this error.

pls apply and restart ur services.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You will need to look at the QVS event logs for more details.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Where do I see the QVS event logs?  Thanks!

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

By default they would be C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

Bill

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

can u confirm,are u applied server license?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Shiva,

The service would start without it being license. However, in the QMC it would show as unlicensed. See below

Untitled.png

Bill