Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Videos, Tickers, and Continuous Loops be executed within a QlikView document?

Greetings!

The concept of playing a pre-recorded video, and ticker news (as seen in television) is not new.  Has anyone attempted to do this type of visualization?

a) embedding a flash recording (or avi, wmv, etc.) that can be played by clicking on a "play button"? , and

b) have a "live" bottom banner (similar to Bloomberg TV-style) that would feed text contextual to the qvw subject matter? and

c) On the "Continuous Loop"  idea, let us say I have the performance of an instrument (a robotic arm bending 300 steel pieces per takt time -on average, depending on some external factors including human operator, just in time supply of pieces, etc.).  Since the work performed by the instrument continues in time, our thinking is to perform a scheduled retrieval (refresh the qvd extractor every so often) of the data and have a line graph depicting the variations across time, and a digital dial reporting the most current takt time available.

All ideas are welcomed! Thank you in advance. --Ricardo Pous

1 Reply
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Ricardo,

I used this expression within my textobject and you have a slow movement of text

= left(Your_Field,mod(round((now()-now(2))*84600),len(Your_Field)))

i hope, this is interesting for you

with kind regards

Beck