cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

CALs assigned with nonsense date

I have a QV server environment set up with Allow license lease and Allow dynamic CAL assignment checked, and everything works as expected. The one problem is that two users get nonsense last used dates (1899/12/30 12:00:00 AM) on the assigned CAL screen. Other users get normal dates corresponding with their use of the system.

The person who set the environment up does not recall doing anything special with these two users.

Any suggestions?

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Jonathan,

Try deleting the PGO files from both the root of the User Documents directory and the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Qvs folder (that's where the CALs are encrypted). Then restart the Server and Mgmt services. That should recreate a clean copy of the PGO files, which should hopefully get rid of the corruption.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Jonathan,

Try deleting the PGO files from both the root of the User Documents directory and the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Qvs folder (that's where the CALs are encrypted). Then restart the Server and Mgmt services. That should recreate a clean copy of the PGO files, which should hopefully get rid of the corruption.

Regards,

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III
Author

Vlad

Thanks. I have done as suggested - will need to monitor over the next 2-3 days to ensure it worked.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
mike_garcia
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello Jonathan.

Today, I noticed the exact same issue. Now we know how to get rid of it (Thanks Vlad!) but I would like to know what caused it. In my case, it is only one user, and it is quite a unique user (It is the one we use for test purposes and is also de Administrator account).

This user is the only one accessing via the iPad client, could it be related?

We use also the iPhone Client with this user, but there are others as well using the iPhone. I don't know what else is different for this user, so... Could you share with me the particularities of the users that presented the issue for you?

Thanks!

Mike.

Miguel García
Qlik Expert, Author and Trainer