Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to move an App object to a different App

Hi,

I am unable to work out how to move/transfer an app object to an alternative existing app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

7 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Ritchie, you can have both applications opened in Sense, enter in edit mode and right-click the object you want to copy, select 'Copy', then go to the other app, enter edit mode, right-click in an empty space and select 'Paste'.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ruben. This works perfectly for moving app objects which is great to know. Unfortunately i miss described my question. What i meant to ask was how do move a sheet to different App? Do you know how to do this? Apologies for mucking you around. Cheers.

isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

As far as I know that can´t be done.

However, you can copy all the objects resident in App A to a new sheet in App B. The result is pretty much the same as copying the whole sheet.

rubenmarin

Hi, I don't know any way to copy a sheet, so I agree with Ionut on copy all the objects.

kangaroomac
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Ritchie,

In the Hub on Sense Server, you can Right Click the Sheet in App Overview which gives you the option to Duplicate that sheet.

The sheet will be put in your My Sheets section. There you can edit it or use some of the dimensions / measures / visualizations created by the author to modify the sheet.

Once you've done changes to it, you could publish (if you have rights, else inform your Sense Administrator), and your sheet will be part of the Community section of that app.

isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

However, that doesn't allow you to move the sheet to a different app, right?

kangaroomac
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

No it doesn't.