Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhouck01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Logging changes to QMC

Hi All,

Is there a way to log individual changes to the configuration of QMC/Publisher? For example, if someone goes into a document, enables Session Collaboration and then saves, is there a way to log that change and the user that made the change? How would I enable that and where would that log be stored?

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Have a look in the "QlikView Server Refence Manual_ENG.pdf" (QlikView Server/Publisher 11.20 SR10) page 47 Chapter 7:   7.6 Manager Audit Log.

It might be what you are looking for...

mhouck01
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I think that is what I am looking for, however I cannot figure out how to enable that specific Manager Audit Log. I've enabled all the various logs on the System > Setup > Server > Logging tab, but I do not see the files referred to in section 7.6:

//----- excerpt from help

Manager Audit Log

The audit logging provides the possibility to track changes to tasks and settings in the system in order to see who made the changes and when they were made.

The audit logs are stored in %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService\AuditLog. One folder per table is created. Each folder contains one file per day with the changes made to the tasks. The logs are tab separated files.

//----- end excerpt

Do you know how to enable this type of logging? I saw something about having to enable logging in a config file in this thread:Re: Management Console Log File

Is that what I need to enable for Manager Audit Logging?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Look in the reference manual in section 7.1 on how to enable it (or the screen shot underneath):

2015-04-22 #2.PNG

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Michael,

Yes you can do this. To enable this you first have to edit the QVManagementService.exe.config this is located by default at C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service.

look for the below and make the necessary changes. 

<!-- ****** Audit logging ****** -->

<!-- Enable logging of changes to QVPR. Requires restart of QMS after change. -->
    <add key="EnableAuditLogging" value="false"/>
    <!-- Folder where audit logs should be stored. Default is ApplicationDataFolder\AuditLog - -->
    <add key="AuditLogFolder" value=""/>
    <!-- The maximum number of days to keep audit logs -->
    <add key="AuditLogKeepMaxDays" value="30"/>

Once you do this you will see the check mark in the box outline in red below.

1.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.