Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google map not appearing after I deploy it in server

Hi,

I've created a qlikview file using google map with data. So i'm geeting dynamic image (goole map) in the background with bubbles (scatter chart) in the front end. Perfectly working fine in my machine.

But when I deploy it in the server, the background image (google map) is not appearing. Only bubbles are appearing in the front end.

Does any one know what might be the problem?

Rgds,
Deepak V

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am also facing the same problem...can someone explain what could be the issue?

-Haneesh

Not applicable
Author

Does the server have any security settings that could prevent it to access google maps?

wandapec
Partner - Contributor III

I am having the same problem. The map displays when the model is opened with the client. When the model is open in IE the maps don't display. When opening Google Maps in another tab in IE, the maps display fine so I can only assume that it has something to do with the Qlikview Server setup?

I have read through a lot of the other posts but there doesn't seem to be any concrete ideas as to what the problem could be..

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Is the QlikView server protected by a firewall ? Try opening the file with the client from the server

-Alex

wandapec

Thanks Alex. No firewall blocking anything...

Just after I wrote the post I found this post - http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/19675.aspx

Made the changes Stephen recommended but it still didn't display. Eventually found a formula in the conditional show box. Switched that off and it now works in AJAX.

Thanks for your trouble.

Steve

vdecourcelle
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had the same problem.

I find this solution: put 0%  in transparency of your graphic object

Véronique

Not applicable
Author

When I had exactly the same problem, it was indeed the internet access settings for the user on the server that runs the QVS service. Specifically, the resolution was:

1. Log on to the server as the administrator assigned to run the QVS service
  2. Within an Internet Explorer window, click Tools>Internet Options
  3. The Connections tab should be set to whatever is required to allow internet access.

You should be able to browse the internet freely when logged in as this user. Additionally, you can directly test the map is being retrieved correctly by doing the following in QV desktop:

1. Go into the map object properties and the 'Colors' tab.
  2. Copy the expression from the 'Dynamic Image' box.
  3. Paste this expression into a new text box object.
  4. Copy the generated text directly into a web browser window. The map image you are hoping to retrieve should display.