Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunny_talwar

Allocated Memory Exceeded

Hi Qlikers,

I have an issue where I have designed which looks and works perfectly until I close it down and reopen it to see "Allocated Memory Exceeded on some of the charts. Then when I reload the application, everything comes back and as long as I don't close the application, things look fine, but if I close it again the problem comes back. I saw a similar post Allocated memory exceeded on the community, but the solution is not very helpful as I wouldn't want to reload my application every time I open it.

Is there a way to trouble shoot what exactly is the problem here?

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Sunny

12 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Try to check the dimension and expressions you have used in your table or chart...

Sometimes due to join fails between tables and still you are using different tables fields in your same table, this problem occurs.

You can do save as the application and only load 10 or 20 rows for each tables using Limited Load...

Now analyse whether the Chart/Tables giving correct result or not...

My guessing is due to Cartesian Join/Product this is happening... !

sunny_talwar
Author

Thanks for quick response Manish Kachhia‌. My data model looks like this (hidding the table names and fields, but you will see how the basic structure is)

Data Structure.png

Does this has something to do with the error?

I have only 64 rows of data in that Fact Table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

in your data model two tables are stand alone .. Are you using any field from those table in your charts calculation or dimension ?

Thanks

BKC

sunny_talwar
Author

I am using the fields from the top data Island table.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Looks like your island table is making Cartesian product.

Can you provide the expressions your have used?

sunny_talwar
Author

Edits in Red

The problem seems to be related to a variable I have created which use Match and Pick function:

(If(Match(FieldfromDataIslandTable, 1, 2, 3), Pick(Field1fromGroupedTable, 100, 150), 0) +

IfMatch(FieldfromDataIslandTable, 1, 2), Pick(Field6fromGroupedTable, 100, 50), 0))/

(If(Match(FieldfromDataIslandTable, 1, 2, 3), 1, 0) +

If(Match(FieldfromDataIslandTable, 1, 2), 1, 0))

Is there anything wrong with the above structure?

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar
Author

That might be true, but why is everything perfectly fine once it is reloaded?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can't tell you without looking more detailed version..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sunny because of many if statements in the front end it is using more resources when you first open the app. because the more resources will be consumed when you first open the app. Once the app is opened and if you reload it will not take more resources to populate the data.My first suggestion and best would be push if statement logic into script so that way it will not consume more resources. Second suggestion is increase the RAM of your machine where you are developing the app. Hope that helps.