Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doespirito
Creator
Creator

Difference between Desktop Layout and browser Layout

Hello,

My desktop computer resolution is 1920 x 1080.

I have built a 1064 x 617 background with panels for my application (for ipad).

So i can put an align my objects correctly. It's working fine in my Qlikview desktop even in webview.

But once this application is sent on the server, layout on IE or Chrome is diferent.

The background seems to be correct and respect 1064 x 617 (i've made a screen copy in paint)

But qlikview objects don't respect the positionning i defined in desktop.

Is there anything i didn't do correctly ?

Thanks a lot for your response,

BR,

Arnault

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arnault,

I believe you di nothing wrong.  In QlikView, you design the front end in the same resolution as you expect users to have.  And, on top of this, there are differences in browsers.

Maybe this is the case for Qlik Sense, which adjusts automatically to browser...

Regards,

Michael

doespirito
Creator
Creator
Author

Michael,

Thank you for your response.

I still don't understand because, for the moment, i am the only user of this app.

both IE and Chrome give the same layout.

i've made a screen copy and verified in paint that the background has the good size (1064x617).

but objects don't respect initial positionning and sizing.

Regards

Arnault

doespirito
Creator
Creator
Author

In fact, it comes from screen setting.
here is the response from helpdesk :

Cette limitation est connue dans QlikView car en cherchant dans notre système, j’ai trouvé qu’un bug no 44293 avait été créé dans nos anciennes versions 10. Ce bug a été qualifié de WAD “Working as Designed“ et ne sera pas donc corrigé. Pour justifier ce comportement, notre R&D (département recherche et développement) avait écrit :

“We can control the size of the QlikView objects, but not the size of the images used for backgrounds on documents, sheets or objects. When changing font size in Windows to 125% or 150%, the size of text and objects (menus, tollbars etc) increases, but actual images seldom becomes bigger”.

BR

Arnault

Anonymous
Not applicable

Arnault,

Thanks for the info.  This statement about the images makes a lot of sense.  One more reason to avoid images on background.

Regards,

Michael