Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Lead Time Average

Hi,

This is my first post here, sorry about my bad English and  if i mistake something here. I would like some help in the problem below.

I have a database with 5 date columns, and i need calculated the average lead time between each column.

Since my database has more than 40.000 lines, believe to use the weighted average its the best way to do this. How can i do this average for each column? Do you believe that the weighted average its the best way to determinate the leadtime between 2 dates?

BR//Marcelo Fonseca

3 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Welcome to Qlik Community!

Could you please provide some more details on the actual data that you have, and the expected result? A small QVW file with a few example  dates would make it easier to see what you are trying to do, and also advise on how to resolve it in QlikView.

If you do not yet have a QVW file then perhaps you can provide some example dates in an Excel file and describe what the expected outcome should be in QlikView when you load these dates.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Toni,

Follow some dates example in the excel attached.

with the difference between the dates i need to calculated the total weighted average (where the weight is the repetition of each difference).

The weighted average can correct the average for the values that has big difference than the rest of the data base. But to help with this problem, would be good to add some outlier for the 10% that most discrepant values.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I found this entry in the Qlik Community that describes weighted average. Is this the same as you are trying to apply?

What’s a Weighted Average and how do you calculate it in QlikView?

I am not sure what weight value you would be expecting. The example below shows a principle of how a weight could be generated during load. If this is not the answers you are looking for, could you please provide a Excel file with some example weight values that you expect to calculate.