Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Source doc different from Published Doc

I have recently come across an issue where the QVW in my source doc folder looks different from the document that has been published into User Docs. In particular there is a missing field in one of our ad hoc (inlline) tables. There is also some other minor issues that might be related to some data not being updated

There are no errors when published either.

Has anyone else noticed similar behavior?

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you using Loop and reduce?

When you did your comparisons, did you open both documents in QV Desktop with an ADMIN account?

Not applicable
Author

I am not using a loop and reduce and yes I opened the docs on the server from the QV desktop as an admin.

Also I wanted to note  that the missing value in the filter is an ad hoc table created in line during the app load after the binary data model load. I don't think this is necessarily data related as the values are hard coded in the load after the data model.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

The only thing I can think of is that the service account doesn't have rights to all the data. I would take the account that you are using with the desktop and use that for the service account and see what happens. If the service account has login rights you can logon with that account and try running the application from the desktop.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

The service account is set up as admin already. We ran into an issue with that when adding our document security and reduction. I still would have thought that was the case but this is an inline ad hoc table that is loaded with the app and not part of any data access.