Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbmmouha
Creator
Creator

correlation

hello

I have to study the correlation between products

i don't now from where shoud i start anyone has an idea about this subject can help me

thanks a lot

5 Replies
bbmmouha
Creator
Creator
Author

Not applicable

In statistics, dependence is any statistical relationship between two random variables or two sets of data. Correlation refers to any of a broad class of statistical relationships involving dependence. Familiar examples of dependent phenomena include the correlation between the physical statures of parents and their offspring, and the correlation between the demand for a product and its price.

Correlations are useful because they can indicate a predictive relationship that can be exploited in practice. For example, an electrical utility may produce less power on a mild day based on the correlation between electricity demand and weather. In this example there is a causal relationship, because extreme weather causes people to use more electricity for heating or cooling; however, statistical dependence is not sufficient to demonstrate the presence of such a causal relationship (i.e., correlation does not imply causation).

bbmmouha
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks for your reply

i should do this between two products in the time

bbmmouha
Creator
Creator
Author

no help

MarcoWedel

please provide some sample data.

You should also describe, which product properties should be checked for correlation (sales over time, stock amounts, market prices ...)

Without further information it's difficult to give advice.

regards

Marco