Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to filter documents from the user id(Authorization)

I have table documentsTable

idDoc, Sum, Date, idUser - these are columns. I make this table in qvd format for example.

So how can i do, that user login in qlikview - and if his idUser = 1 than he can see reports and documents which are only with idUser = 1 from table documentsTable? Some kind of authorization.

29 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thank u very much, now i can filter documents by id of logging users.
GROUP Position_ID
GROUP1 397
GROUP2 74
GROUP3 482
GROUP4 350
for example if user with userId = 350 logged in, than
documents filter by Position_ID = 350. It's ok.
But..
i want to filter by more than one positions, for ex 350 and 351(this second is a child position from first position)
I tried to do this:

GROUP Position_ID
GROUP1 397
GROUP2 74
GROUP3 482
GROUP4 350
GROUP4 351

and this:

GROUP Position_ID Position_ID
GROUP1 397
GROUP2 74
GROUP3 482
GROUP4 350 351

but it still filters only one - N 350 position.
How can i filter by more than one position?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Evgeny,

One workaround is to create a link table between the GROUP fields and all possible Position_IDs so when a user logs in and linked to the group, the group links with all possible positions.

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

Miguel A. Baeyens, Hello, can u send me some info with security date (access control list) info stored not in excel but in database table.O what the differiences between excel and db table?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Evgeny,

The only difference between the samples above is the method of loading the database, so instead of using INLINE as above, you may use something like

SectionAccess:LOAD ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, GROUP; SQL SELECT ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, GROUP FROM USERTABLE;

but anyway, it's the same way you do to get your data for the application.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thank u Miguel it works good))

But now i want to make aliases to loading fields.

So ho can i write something like this:

LOAD

[GROUP]

, SK_Employee_ID;

SQL SELECT Subject, Object FROM [admin].[EmployeesACL];

It doesnt work because it can't find field [GROUP], but in Qlikview i want this field to call as [GROUP],

but in database it calls Subject...

so can i write something like this:

LOAD

[GROUP]

, SK_Employee_ID;

SQL SELECT Subject as [GROUP], Object as SK_Employee_ID FROM [admin].[EmployeesACL];

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Evgeny,

I prefer to rename fields on the load part, rather than on the select statement, so it should look like

LOAD Subject AS GROUP, Object AS SK_Employee_ID;SQL SELECT Subject, Object FROM [admin].[EmployeesACL];

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Wow thaank.u )) it also works. Do u have skipe? or email?)) From what country u are?)

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Evgeny,

I'm Spanish. You can contact me starting a conversation in my profile 🙂

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

I've replace login data from excel into two tables in db

It seems that everything the same, but userid doesn't works - it asks me for it for 3 times and than qlikview fails. but this userid exists in table.

but userid -admin - is working ok.

may be u met this problem before?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Evgeny,

First, make sure that in your document properties as admin, you don't have checked "Strict Exclusion" in the "On Open" tab unless you are completely sure your section access works. I rather check, when testing, the "Initial selection based on section access" just to see that users accessing the document have records related.

Make sure as well that your passwords doesn't contain spaces or characters that may vary depending on the keyboard layout.

But if it asks you for the password means that either user or password are not correct. You may have done some changes to your document, then you need to reload for those changes to take effect.

Hope that helps.