Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to filter documents from the user id(Authorization)

I have table documentsTable

idDoc, Sum, Date, idUser - these are columns. I make this table in qvd format for example.

So how can i do, that user login in qlikview - and if his idUser = 1 than he can see reports and documents which are only with idUser = 1 from table documentsTable? Some kind of authorization.

29 Replies
Not applicable
Author

section access; //Start the section access part

//

//LOAD [USERID],

// [PASSWORD],

// [ACCESS],

// [GROUP];

//SQL SELECT USERID, PASSWORD, ACCESS, [GROUP] FROM [admin].[Logins];

LOAD [USERID],

[PASSWORD],

[ACCESS],

[GROUP]

FROM

(biff, embedded labels, table is ????1$);

section application; //End the section access part

LOAD

Subject as [GROUP]

, Object as SK_Employee_ID;

SQL SELECT Subject, Object FROM [admin].[EmployeesACL];

Now logins info in two sources: table [admin].[Logins] and excel.

When I load from excel(uncommented code) it's ok.

When I try to load the same data from [admin].[Logins](commented code)

It loads also the same number of rows - all login users.

But when I try to login in qlikview - it ask's me userid 3 times. And then fails.

Password step - wasn't reached. I can Only login as Admin - first row in grid.

So what could be the problem? If the grid id identical in excel and in [admin].[Logins];

Also loading from [admin].[EmployeesACL] in section application is ok..

What the problem could be?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Is it possible to have any problem with the connection to the database so your information may be incorrect (using a different charset)? If you use a tablebox to display all info from the database (commenting the SECTION access line) does it look fine?

Not applicable
Author

i.ve comment section acces and i've got table logins - it looks fine. no problems are seenig. All data loads in this table. so it is ok.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Evgeny,

Try loading inline, just for testing purposes, two different non admin users plus an admin with the same values you have in your database and check whether you can access properly.

Backup your file before changing the section access.

Not applicable
Author

Select

idDoc

, case when InRoute = 1 then 'yes' else 'no' end as InRoute

from docJournal

Hello Miguel, can u say, if is some analog of case operator in qlikview load script?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Evgeny,

Depending on what do you want to get, you can use either a if() conditional (one value) or a match(multiple values) clause.

If(InRoute = 1, 'Yes', 'No') AS InRoute, If(Match(InRoute, 1, 2, 3) > 0, 'Yes', 'No') AS InRoute2

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hello, Miguel!))

I'm trying do the query with two joins, but it fails:

select * from docjournal as dj

left join Orders as o on o.id = dj.OrderId

left join Sales as s on s.id = dj.SalesId

Does it fails becaus in qlikview two joins not allowed?

If that, what solution could be?

Thank u)

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Evgeny,

First of all, make sure that your sql statement works and returns some results in your database. Take into account that fieldnames are case sensitive in QlikView. Your script should work doing something like

LOAD *; SQL SELECT * FROM docjournal AS dj LEFT JOIN Order AS o on o.id = dj.OrderId LEFT JOIN Sales AS s on s.id = dj.SalesId

Regards.

P.S.: I'd suggest you to open a new thread with your new questions so more people is available to help you

Not applicable
Author

Dear Miguel!

Please help me, i forget, how to write set expression. I got table , with field IsVisited.

I must do a staticticks box or chart, which counts all yes, all no's and Count(yes)/Count(no's).

Ho to write it? )))

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Evgeny,

Do something similar to

Count({< IsVisited = {'Yes'} >} PersonID) / Count({< IsVisited = {'No'} >} PersonID)

Hope that helps