Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agsearle
Creator
Creator

License CALs QV9

We have 21 user CAL's available, and are finalising who is going to get the last few.

However, is it possible and indeed permissable to have more than the 21 people with Qlikview installed, as long as a there is never more than 21 users logged in at any one time? We very rarely have more than 5 logged in at once.

Or are we literally limited to having the 21?

Thanks,

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hello. it depends on account /cal typ?

agsearle
Creator
Creator
Author

How can I tell?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Andrew,

As far as I know you may have QlikView installed in as many computers as you need. If you assign those CALs to users (provided they are User CALs and not Document CALs), then you will be able to have 21 concurrent users, regardless their computer (they get their license after their username). Take into account the "Allow dynamic CAL assignment" checkbox, depending on how you want to assign those licenses.

Hope that helps.

agsearle
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes they are user CAL's.

Are you saying though that we are still limited to 21 actual users, although they can access QV from any PC with QV on it.

I was hoping that we could have more than 21users, as long as no more than 21 of them are logged in at any time?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Andrew,

There are indeed some ways of limiting how many licenses are assigned to each document, but basically yes, you can access QV in any PC with QV installed, provided the user logged in the system has a correspondent CAL not being used at the time the user accesses the server. If the question is same account, different computers, same time, it won't work.

Unassigning CALs requires a quarantine period of 24 hours, so take that in mind when assigning, as you need 24 hours after deleting the CAL from an account before it can be assigned again.

Anyway, I'd suggest you to contact your QlikTech sales rep in order to clarify your deployment and needs.

Regards.