Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to add a stand-alone row for a dimension in a pivot table?

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible, and if so, how to add a "stand-alone" row for a dimension in a pivot table?

I want the pivot table to display data in a similar manner as below (with "stand-alone" rows I mean the rows 2, 3 and 8):

YearQuarterMonthDayExpression
2015Q112
2015Q1Jan18
2015Q1Jan27
2015Q1Feb19
2015Q1Mar15
2015Q245
2015Q2Apr15
2015Q2Apr25
2015Q2Apr38

The value 255 and the value 12 and 45 uses two other different expression than the rest in that column. Is this possible?

Thanks!

/Frida

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You can use Pivot table which allows for Partial sums. And to use a different expressions for those rows you can use the concept of dimensionality() which will get you to what you are trying to do.

To find Partial Sum look at the below image:

Partial Sums.PNG

HTH

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

You can use Pivot table which allows for Partial sums. And to use a different expressions for those rows you can use the concept of dimensionality() which will get you to what you are trying to do.

To find Partial Sum look at the below image:

Partial Sums.PNG

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, you can enable Partial Sums for the dimensions use the dimensionality() function to check the dimension levels of the rows and use that to pick the expression:

pick(match(dimensionality())+1, sum(A), count(A), max(A))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

On the presentation tab, set partial totals on Year and Quarter (and Month if you like). And then click "Subtotal on Top" option.

That will add the subtotal rows

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sunny_talwar

Please find attached a sample application where you would see how to do it. I was not sure how you calculated the Total Rows so used Count for one and Avg for another one.

HTH

Best,

Sunny