Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

How to display this - piechart not quite right ...

Hi,

I have an app to compare turnover calculations from two rather large sets of data - our calculation vs. our customer's calculation.

I'd like to show the distribution of the total difference I can find between the two calculations as split up acc. to the different reasons.

<=> The differences are not all in the same direction, e.g. there are categories where we have more in our calculation than our customer and there are categories where our customer has more in their calculation.

=> I think I cannot use a piechart in that case, it would have to go beyond 100% and there would have to be some negative segments ...

=> How could I still show that graphically?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

11 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

yep, I think that looks good and would be helpful in visualizing how the total difference between the calculations is made up.

There is some manual work by that colleague who then has to discuss this involved anyway - he has to make all that into a ppt presentation that he can use as a basis for discussion. I cannot do that for him. I can just try to make his work as easy as possible by handing him all the figures already calculated.

Thanks a lot!

P.S.: Can anybody tell me why, in a thread where I haven't yet done so, I cannot mark any answers as "helpful" anymore, only as "correct", in an area where there cannot be a right or wrong answer?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

now I think I have a different issue:

- Between the two datasets, after my OUTER JOIN, I obviously have rows where the keyfield from one or the other
   dataset is empty.

=> In the script I can easily query that with the LEN() function and return a value accordingly.

<=> It seems that on the GUI I cannot do that because from the records where the one or the other keyfield is not
       populated, there just won't be anything.
       But for that kind of chart, I will have to build a calculated dimension with the different possible reasons for
       differences between the calculations

=> Is there any way I can query the existence or non_existence of a field on the GUI?

Thanks a lot!