Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Slider bar variables

Hi

I have this nice slider bar which works perfectly when using numbers but as soon as I switch it to percentages is goes off.

On the main sheet is the original, and on the second sheet is the one working with percentages.I want to use this slider to have a full range in a small area which keeps on scrolling the slider for projections, so there is no real limit  going left or right on the slider. The bottom one shows the higher values, which i will ultimately hide. The top one is giving the issue, you will see when selecting on the right button, it will show the correct percentage on the input box at the top, but the slider itself loses it's position every 4-8 positions.

Hope this makes sense.

If anyone has a better solution that would be great as well. I need to have the option to use quarter percentages in projections are we are talking about multiple billion figures. But i also need to option to do projections not only in single figures but  negative values, as well as going up to even 50%. Better have all the options available for the users, right?

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

I have no idea what's doing this, but if I change the static step from 0.0025 (0.25%) to 0.025 (2.5%) the marker is fixed, but this you might already know.

Best,

Sunny

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try setting the min and max values to =floor(vSliderSelectedValue,0.01)-0.02 and =floor(vSliderSelectedValue,0.01)+0.02 respectively.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

That is really confusing that it works on 0.025 but not on 0.0025, thanks for having a look though

sunny_talwar

That is indeed confusing

Not applicable
Author

Works better, but if I continue scrolling from 0 up, it again start throwing out the values between 5 and 7 and then from 9 on again. This is really baffling

Not applicable
Author

Any ideas anyone on how to fix this?