Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hide a field from statusboxes - but display it in a listbox?

Hi,

I have made a small inline_table with all the fields that can be displayed in a straight_table I have. Those have checkboxes so the user can just tick those fields he/she wants to see.

<=> The problem is, if the total list of the selections in this field is displayed in the statusbox, that takes up a lot of space and it doesn't really add any value for the user because it has nothing to do with how the actual data is sliced and diced.

<=> I cannot use the HidePrefix or HideSuffix because then it seems that adding a listbox from this field to the GUI isn't possible anymore, so there goes my easy checkboard ...

=> Is there any inbetween_solution (to show that listbox, but not show the selections in this field in the statusbox?

Or do I have to use a textbox to do this? And if so, how can I specify that the Getcurrentselections() function should return all selections in all but this field?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

<=> I cannot use the HidePrefix or HideSuffix because then it seems that adding a listbox from this field to the GUI isn't possible anymore, so there goes my easy checkboard .

Enable the Show System Fields option first, then add the field.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ankitaag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Can you be bit more specific with your problem.

Also, provide the sample data

Gysbert_Wassenaar

<=> I cannot use the HidePrefix or HideSuffix because then it seems that adding a listbox from this field to the GUI isn't possible anymore, so there goes my easy checkboard .

Enable the Show System Fields option first, then add the field.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You should be able to create a list box also for fields that use the HidePrefix / HideSuffix.

Just enable 'Show System Fields' when selecting the field name.

marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

there are several alternative approaches possible to a current selection box but all have advantages and disadvantages, maybe one fit to your aim:

Current Selection Alternatives

- Marcus