Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Reload now" in QVS SR5 does nothing ?

Hallo,

I made an upgrade for QVS from SR2 to SR5. Trying to fix a problem with document CALs. Well the problem is gone, but now there is a new one. Hitting the "reload now" button for the documents doesn't work anymore. Even a scheduled reload does not work. The "Status" of the document on the server "Status" screen says "Waiting". This lasts a few minutes and then the statusdisplay disappears. But no reload took place. I already enabled loggin on the server, but the logfiles won't say anything about a problem.

Who can help?

Regards.

Alex

6 Replies
hdonald
Creator
Creator

Hi,

I had the same problem a week or so ago.

Qliktech support told me that there is a bug logged with their QA department for this issue.

It's being processed and will hopefully be introduced in the next service release.

Raise it with your support contact and they'll keep you updated,

H.

Not applicable
Author

Hei, thanks for the quick reply. How did you solve the issue? Got back to SR4? Or did they send you a fix? Or do you manually reload now? I hope not ... Regards. Alex
Not applicable
Author

I did not know this was a bug, I thought it was another new feature. Smile

However as a work-around I found if run manually from the debugger screen save it the next time it will work correctly either from scheduled reload or normal reload.

Of course this will only work until the next time you change the code!

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Get back to SR4 only if your server isn´t a Windows 2008 R2 64 Bits. In this environment SR4 has some problems with scheduler. I heard that in Windows 2003 or Windows 2008 initial release, there is no problems with SR4.

Not applicable
Author

Hei,

Thanks again. Of course it is 2008 SR2 64bit... I will contact support now.

Regards

Alex

Not applicable
Author

Ok folks,

Problemo solved. If you have the same problem with SR5 get in contact with support and ask for the complete setup.exe from the customer patch (not only the qvs.exe, this won't solve the problem).

If you have the setup.exe, uninstall SR5 und install the new one. Scheduled reload will then work. "Reload now" will be fixed in SR6.

Thanks to forum and support.

Regards.

Alex