Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator

Access point Access from outside network machine

Dear All,

If we want to access the access point from out of network machine, whats need to be done? Is there anyway we can connect through public IP, with admin user? Can you please share some information.

Thanks.

13 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

yes,u can go with public ip

the other way,by configuring CUSTOM DIRECTORY u can also provide access.

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Shiva..

Not applicable

If you don't have a static IP create a Dynamic DNS service account, for example: http://no-ip.com.

The provider No-IP have a utitly to translate your public ip to the domain, for example: your_accesspoint.ddns.net

You must Install the tool on the server and run it. Login to your account.

From machine with out your network open web browser and navigate to the created domain. You can see the accesspoint.

Not applicable

Hi Sridhar

first of all you need to Configure custom directory by this way you can provide Access from outside network machine

I hope it works

Thanks

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Saumil,

Thanks for your reply, may i know how to do it and which location we need to do?

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi Sridhar

It depends What license do you have for Qlik Server? If it is Enterprise all you have to do is point port 80 from your firewall to the Qlik server. alternatively you can refer this below attachment for more information

Let me know if help to you or not?

Thanks

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

PFA,

CD2.PNG

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Saumil,

Thanks for your reply and here we have Small Business Edition Server. You mentioned that " refer this below attachment " and i think i forgot to add it. Can you please add it for me.

Thanks alot.

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you so much Shiva.