Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How not to link the selections between sheets

Hi All,

I am new to Qlik Sense.

How can I unlink the selections between the sheets?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sauliusr
Contributor II
Contributor II

Use different alternate state for every sheet.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
its_anandrjs

Did you ask about the fields value selection or what can you elaborate with an example.

Regards

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anand,

In Qlik View, there are option to choose from menu to clear the section to migrate around the tabs. 

Now in Qlik Sense ( my new application has 4 tabs ). When I move from one tab to another, the previous selection are still reflected in the new tab that I move currently.

How can I clear my previous selection?

Khin

its_anandrjs

Hi,

As of now there is not trigger option in the Qlik Sense you have to manually clear that selections from the options on top bar.

ClearSelections.png

Regards,

Anand

Colin-Albert

In QlikSense and QlikView there is a single data model that is common to the whole application regardless of how many charts or sheets the application has.

Changing form one sheet to another, you are still accessing the same data model, hence the selections remain in place unless you click on clear. This is the way Qlik works!

Not applicable
Author

Noted and Thanks.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Khin, Thanks for your question.

Just a thought - if there are chart objects in other sheets that you want displayed WITHOUT the current selections being considered - you could use Set Analysis to define the measure in those charts to ignore the selections, that way the object will reflect the measure for the specific set of data that you define.

You can learn more about Set Analysis here:

Available from this series: New to Qlik Sense Videos

let us know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

In the qlikview data model you "can't" do this because you have all relationed with the same fields (if you did right the relations between the tables)

But you can do in the same app different fact tables with dimension tables and with a different calendar without relation with the other tables.

And because you will have tables without relationship with the others, you can do different sheets with different kind of information, without relation with the other sheets.

This isn't "wrong" but you should be careful with this because you aren't doing the normal qlikview model

Not applicable
Author

You could use set analysis, but i think it wasn't what you asked.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The question has been answered and now I am trying out Set analysis.

Thanks for all members answering my question.

Regards

Khin Hnaung