Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Visual Cues across a row based on a specific column value

I'm attempting to use a visual cue to highlight an entire row based on the value in a specific column (i.e. Variance %) that is greater than a specific amount. If I use the following example can anyone tell me if this is possible.

Conditional Formatting.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeff,

I would use the background color option. You can use it on either a dimension or expression.  The expression can even be on a field that is not even in the current chart.  It is a little misleading, when you click on the plus next to your dimension or expression, the items are greyed out. Just highlight the Background Color, Text Color or Text Format you want to affect and hit edit.  Here is one of my sample background to change my dimension to highlight yellow.

=if([Procedure Code Type]='CPT',yellow())

You can change font color and make it bold as well using the Text Color like this

=if([Procedure Code Type]='CPT',blue())

Bold on Format

=if([Procedure Code Type]='CPT','<B>')

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Rather than using a visual cue, would an expression for background color be a better approach?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeff,

I would use the background color option. You can use it on either a dimension or expression.  The expression can even be on a field that is not even in the current chart.  It is a little misleading, when you click on the plus next to your dimension or expression, the items are greyed out. Just highlight the Background Color, Text Color or Text Format you want to affect and hit edit.  Here is one of my sample background to change my dimension to highlight yellow.

=if([Procedure Code Type]='CPT',yellow())

You can change font color and make it bold as well using the Text Color like this

=if([Procedure Code Type]='CPT',blue())

Bold on Format

=if([Procedure Code Type]='CPT','<B>')

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

Mike,

That worked beautifully.  Thank you for your help.

Jeff

Not applicable
Author

What is the expression to do both font and bold formatting for text?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You have to put the expression under Text Color to change color and an expression under Text Format to bold.  Note 3 expressions above.  One for each plus extended.

Not applicable
Author

Got it now, makes sense.