Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Charge full table .XLS in Qlik Sense Desktop

Hello!

I'm new in QlikView, I'm doing some testing with Qlik Sense Desktop and identified it does not do a full load of XLS spreadsheet, only download a sample of the total load.

I need, in the case of charging an XLS file, which is the maximum limit of rows and columns that QlikSense accepted to charge the full table?

Thanks!

PS: sorry my english bad writing. I'm from Brazil.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Limit of rows in xls files were the problem.

Thx!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi Derek - i have no knowledge of a data volume limitation with sense.   are you trying to load more than 1 sheet from the spreadsheet ?   how many rows are in the spreadsheet ? 

ps:  the preview will not show any data if there are more than 100 columns ( i believe) , but if you run the load it will still load > 100 columns

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

The Data volume limitation for Qlik Sense Cloud is 25MB/ per app, but the spreadsheet have 16MB, 9 columns, and don't charge all the rows.

I need to know if the Qlik Sense make a sample of charge or has a limitation on the number of lines.

Thanks!

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no limitation in Qlik Sense but there are limitations in Excel which it still doesn't seem that you have run up against.

Do you load an entire sheet or do you reference a named range when load from the Excel workbook?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi - yes. Qlik Cloud currently has a 25MB limit on the app/QVF file.  This does not exist in desktop however. Are you seeing your issue in QLik Cloud or with Qlik Desktop ?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

I moved this to the Qlik Sense Cloud forum and editing the tile. We don't want any confusion or misstating limitations.

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I was not very clear. My ploblem starts in Qlik Sense Desktop, I load an entire sheet, and only download a sample of the total load (in Qlik Sense Desktop).

I need, in the case of charging an XLS file, which is the maximum limit of rows and columns that QlikSense Desktop accepted to charge the full table?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael!

Sorry, I was not very clear. My ploblem starts in Qlik Sense Desktop, I load an entire sheet, and only download a sample of the total load (in Qlik Sense Desktop).

I need, in the case of charging an XLS file, which is the maximum limit of rows and columns that QlikSense Desktop accepted to charge the full table?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Derek - OK thanks for clarifying - I will move it back.

In order to help troubleshoot this - can you please list out the exact steps you are performing?

<Google Translate>

A fim de ajudar a resolver isso - você pode por favor listar as etapas exatas que você está executando ?

#1 --

#2 --

#3 --

etc.

This way we can try to see what you are seeing - can you also attach the spreadsheet you are using?

Dessa forma, podemos tentar ver o que você está vendo - você pode também anexar a planilha que você está usando?

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Derek - following up with you - on our last request.

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik