Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Strange - total malfunction ...

Hi,

I am facing an issue which leaves me totally clueless:

=> I have an app which contains one subroutine which contains another subroutine

=> That worked fine just yesterday, I tried it out several times

<=> Today I edited something and now I am facing the issue that
       => in the Debugger, when I go step-wise, before it has even completed both subroutines, the system just stops and the button "close" becomes active - just after the first > end sub <, with the second (outer) subroutine yet to parse (the calling part would of course come afterwards)

Can you make head or tail of this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

OK,

I'm in hot pursuit of the bug 😉

It seems that, as so often, the error is somewhere inside the subroutine, that causes the whole thing to crash.

There is one empty table and then I have a RESIDENT LOAD with a FIRST 1 from that table - that of course does not work.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

OK,

I'm in hot pursuit of the bug 😉

It seems that, as so often, the error is somewhere inside the subroutine, that causes the whole thing to crash.

There is one empty table and then I have a RESIDENT LOAD with a FIRST 1 from that table - that of course does not work.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

OK,

that seems to have been it.

It's a bit irritating that, apparently, when there is some error inside a subroutine, that isn't even parsed in the Debugger - before reaching the calling part and executing it - so the script doesn't throw an error, but simply stops.

One has to dactivate the > sub < and > end sub < commands and rearrange things so that it's normal code to execute only once, then you can debug it.

I hope that will help others who face this issue.