Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator

Access point Access from outside network machine

Dear All,

If we want to access the access point from out of network machine, whats need to be done? Is there anyway we can connect through public IP, with admin user? Can you please share some information.

Thanks.

13 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You do not necessarily need to configure a Custom Directory (which won't work with an SBE server). You can get it to work with AD as well (or even a local directory, that's how I did it). However, you'll never have SSO because AD authorizations do not propate over the internet (luckily!). All visitors will be facing a login dialog. And this may pose a serious security risk.

Peter

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Peter,

Is it good if i go with local directory, can you please explain in step how can i do it? I want ti have all/few applications access from outside network machine.

Thanks for your patience.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The QlikViews side of this operation is pretty simple. Ist's the newtork side that is tricky and potentially dangerous.

Basically, you'll have to follow these steps:

1. On the QVS server machine, define the external users that should get external access in the machine domain
  2. In QMC, add a local domain DSP in the DSC configuration (see other comments in this thread)
  3. In QMC, assign Named CALs or Doc CALs to these users.
  4. Distribute your documents to the users that should get external access, or assign NTFS rights.
  5. Configure your network so that external users can visit the Access Point. Contact an Administrator to help you in this.

Best,

Peter

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot Peter, it helps me alot...