Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Map data loading Qlik Sense

Hello,

I used the function "GeoMakePoint" to create point for the Map object with longitudes and latitudes.  The points can be filtered by city and zip code.

When I load the map object only some points are loaded but if I select a city or zip code (filtering), the correct amount of points are loaded. 

I have a data model like this:

Client :

• Street name - Zip Code : GPS link
  • Street name
  • Zip Code

GPS data:

• Street name - Zip Code : GPS link
  • Latitude
  • Longitude
  • City
  • Zip Code
  • GeoMakePoint(latitude, longitude)

I figured out that if I modify my key "GPS link" may be the problem but I couldn't fix it.  If I do hash128(Street name - Zip Code) (to avoid bad characters into my street name), the points displayed in the map are not the same anymore (still not the correct number of point).

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Guillaume,

How many data points there in your data model, unfiltered?

Not applicable
Author

About 1000 different points with 3 different zip code

Not applicable
Author

I had an issue with a scatter chart with > 1000 data points, which would fail to render until I reduced the number of data points < 1000. As I understand it, the current version of QlikSense (1.1) has a limit on some visualisations, where it will not render a data set larger than 1000 data points. One way to check is to load your data into a table and, if the fields all look correct, then this is likely to be the cause of your problem.

As I understand, there is work being done on this at the moment, I'd recommend giving someone at Qlik a call about your specific scenario.

joeybird
Creator III
Creator III

Hiya

I don't know if it will help as still new to this, I call my customers details from SQL...but to get my map working I created a separate excel sheet.

then in the data load editor as a separate section added

these are my three main columns

CityLatitude,

CityLongitude,

StreetName,

LOAD

CityLatitude,

CityLongitude,

StreetName,

GeoMakePoint (CityLatitude,CityLongitude) as StreetLocation

FROM [lib://Sense/CustomerLocations.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);