Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

[ASK] why the location of the objects isn't the same?

hello..

i have problem with how the qlikview shows up

when i open with qlikview desktop it looks fine, just like the pic below :

error loading image

when i open from the server with browser and using java client, it looks fine but it adds more scroll inside the browser (kind of terrible i think)

and also the icon "copy image to clipboard" on line chart doesn't show up

just like the pic below :

error loading image

and when i open it with ajax client, the looks is more horrible and also the icon "copy image to clipboard" on line chart doesn't show up

just like the pic below :

error loading image

the "tanggal" list box, which is "date", isn't show as proper as the java client or qlikview desktop do

why is it happen?

and how to fix it?

many thx...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Unfortunately, you cannot expect to get identical result from AJAX / Java as you do from the Desktop Client - there are limitations of the browser / Java client (the latter is being discontinued anyway) which do not exist in the proprietary client. If your users are expected to access a QVW through the AJAX layout, you have to design it for the AJAX layout. In QV9, you can get a preview of the way your QVW will look in AJAX using Tools/Objects Client Page Generator. In QV10 (the beta version, at least), you can edit your document directly in WebView mode (View/Turn On/Off WebView).

As far as I know, there isn't much of anything you can do about it, except to make your documents fit AJAX by previewing / designing in the appropriate mode.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Unfortunately, you cannot expect to get identical result from AJAX / Java as you do from the Desktop Client - there are limitations of the browser / Java client (the latter is being discontinued anyway) which do not exist in the proprietary client. If your users are expected to access a QVW through the AJAX layout, you have to design it for the AJAX layout. In QV9, you can get a preview of the way your QVW will look in AJAX using Tools/Objects Client Page Generator. In QV10 (the beta version, at least), you can edit your document directly in WebView mode (View/Turn On/Off WebView).

As far as I know, there isn't much of anything you can do about it, except to make your documents fit AJAX by previewing / designing in the appropriate mode.

Not applicable
Author

@Shoham

thx shoham

georgina_spary
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Or Shoham

I'm using QV9 and designing for Ajax - manage to get most of it adjusted but two things I'm stumped on

- My users all have different screen resolutions & screen sizes which would be fine except their scroll bars are frozen so they can't scroll to see the rest of the report

- The 'copy data' icon vanishes and I can't get it back

Any ideas?