Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Session calls vs Sessions?

Hi,

in Governance Dashboard, tab Operations and then Session, what's the different between "Sessions" and "Session calls"?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Since I can never remember, I looked up in the QlikView Server Documentation, chapter 7.2 where it describes Session "Calls" as "Number of QlikView calls during the session (bidirectional)".

I honestly don't know exactly what that entails, but the intent of that metric is to provide more of an idea of the load on a server.

A session is when the user opens the app, but during that session, there are lots of 'calls' going back and forth.

https://d1cf4w4kkla6tb.cloudfront.net/qlikview/11.20/12852/QlikView%20Server%20Reference%20Manual_EN...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Since I can never remember, I looked up in the QlikView Server Documentation, chapter 7.2 where it describes Session "Calls" as "Number of QlikView calls during the session (bidirectional)".

I honestly don't know exactly what that entails, but the intent of that metric is to provide more of an idea of the load on a server.

A session is when the user opens the app, but during that session, there are lots of 'calls' going back and forth.

https://d1cf4w4kkla6tb.cloudfront.net/qlikview/11.20/12852/QlikView%20Server%20Reference%20Manual_EN...

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Here's what I found from Qlik Support last year:

Shorter version:

it’s a counter which counts number of requests that Server received during last performance collect interval.

Longer version:

• - Interval:
    • Frequency for Server to collect the performance stats. By default, it’s 5 mins, and that’s the interval of “Timestamp” field in Performance.log;
  • - Requests:
    • All requests are sent through port 4747 to Server
    • They mainly come from WebServer and QMC, sometimes from Plug-in or Desktop
  • - Counter:
    • It’s reset to 0 every time when we write stats down to Performance.log; 
    • It does NOT count
      • those Authentication/Logon related ones.
    • It does count:
      • Normal requests from user web browser; (You can see them in browser’s developer console or Fiddler alike tools.)
      • Control requests from QMC or WebServer; (Settings from QMC, load balance check, heart beat check etc..)
      • Others directly from plug-in, desktop etc.
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

if i'm not wrong ,

here session means,in which interval the qv documents are accessed.

session cals-- it's type of cal to provide access on document for a certain time.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you but is not session caLs, it's session caLLs