Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I load my data properly?

I have a simple file in the format listed below (Fig. A). When I load the data in either an xlxs or csv file type the output is as listed in Fig. B. What am I doing wrong?

Fig, A

StateAbbreviationName 1Name 2
AlabamaALSteveHenry
ArizonaAZSteveJim

Fig. B

qlikgrab.PNG

4 Replies
Ralf-Narfeldt
Employee
Employee

That looks like a file header of a not recognized format. Can you attach the file you are trying to load?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The source file is not what it seems like - it is not an Excel-file nor a CSV-file.

The header indicates that it is DRM - protected and encrypted - so it has to be decrypted first before it is

usable. Then you can use it in Qlik Sense.

DRM = Digital Rights Managment

Probably copied in the wrong or unauthorized way from a SharePoint site with DRM-enabled.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

From Samsungs website:

Document Security Solution (NASCA) NASCA is a DRM solution guaranteeing safe distribution of electronic documents with encryption and authority management features to take preemptive measures in preventing losses due to illegal leakages of all electronic documents created within the company.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Google says that your xlsx or csv file is encrypted by some DRM security software. You'll have to ask whoever gave you that file to give you an unencrypted copy.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand