Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umartareen
Creator II
Creator II

Loading From Source based on an Indicator file.

Hi All,

I have an urgent requirement where data from the DB is supposed to be extracted only when an indicator file appears in a folder.

Scenario is, after the ETL tool loads tables into DB, it will produce an indicator file in a given folder, My application should be able to read the folder when the file appears in it and should start loading from DB. Also how do we do the same through QMC automatically upon generation of file, without any fixed schedule.

Please help.

Regards,

Umar

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this document helps: Using EDX in QlikView 11

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
umartareen
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Gysbert.

Looks like I need a step by step procedure to create an EDX task as right now I am completely confused.

I also happened to browse through blogs and come across this site :  EDX in QlikView: What are, what for and how it does ? | QlikView Help, Tips & Hints

The problem I am facing with this is when I select "On An External Event" as a trigger for my Qvw application under Source Documents (QMC), I do not get this task on "System -> Supporting Tasks -> External Program". How do I make my task appear here (ie, "System -> Supporting Tasks -> External Program") ?

My next question is, is it that we are supposed to be triggering the batch file with the above method ?

Please help as this is my first time.

Thanks

Umar