Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restricted Access to Reports

Hi Friends ,

Is there any option to restrict only the selected users can generate Reports in QlikView.

Example : I have a file named abc.qvw

In the file i have 3 QlikView Reports.  25 Persons are given access to qvw , but only 5 people should have access to Reports.

How to achieve it?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Senthil

5 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

u can try tis,

1.go to ur qvw file on windows box where u deployed in ur server--properties--security--edit--add (all ur five users one by one)---ok--ok..ok

only those 5 users can access ur reports.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The content of the reports - that is the actual data is still restricted to what is available to each user in the QlikView Application it belongs to. So even though 25 people will see the 3 QlikView Reports they will only be allowed to report on data that they are restricted to in the data model. So if you implement Section Access you have control.

Does that answer you question?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Petter ,

Thanks for your reply.

The Actual data is not restricted. I have to restrict the users to generate report from the qlikview file

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Simple way Create 2 chart

give one chart with Read Only and other one is remain same as you have currently.

Then go to Layout tab -> Show Conditionally-> Write expression for both Chart

Basically just make it hide and show as per user login

If you want to know which user is logged in then user OSUSer()

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The cleanest way of doing it is probably by having these Reports not included in the QlikView Application but rather have it as a Server Report belonging to one user - maybe an Administrator and then that Administrator can share the Server Report with the other 3 users. Then other users will not see any reports they are not supposed to.