Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Current Selection with different Alternate State, Clear option Clearing everything. Why So?

Hi Guys,

In a comparative analysis, I have 3 alternate states. One is Inherit, 2nd Group 1 and 3rd Group 2.

I have 3 Current selection box

1st one Alternate State is Inherit and I have checked option Clear (Current Selection Properties-->Caption-->Check Option 'Clear'). Note It is not the Clear all option.

2nd one Alternate State is Group 1 and I have checked option Clear

3rd one Alternate State is Group 2 and I have checked option Clear

Now there are other list boxes under Inherit, Group 1 and Group 2.

Selected a value from list box which is under Group 1 Alternate state It is appearing under Current Selection which in under Group 1 Alternate state and when I click on Clear option given on Current selection It is everything.

Why?

Message was edited by: Shivendoo Kumar

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can u attach a QVW?

Not applicable
Author

Yes Will share you sample Qvw

Not applicable
Author

Please Find the attached QVW.

Here Sheet is Under Alternate State =Group 3

and for rest object Alternate state is displaying in Title.

To See clear option In current Selections. Please Turn On Web View

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The clear option in the caption of the objects works like the clear all. Using that will clear all selections. Uncheck this option from the captions tab. You can use the clear option inside the current selection box or else add a 3 buttons for each alternate state and apply the clear action on these buttons.

Regards,

Greeshma

Not applicable
Author

Is this bug?

Because In Caption, Check box says only Clear, not Clear all or Clear Others.

Another thing all 3 current selections are in Different Alternet State then How those are affecting each other?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes, it's strange. Clear button on listbox is working fine as expected and even the clear button within the current selection box which are for individual fields are working as well, but the one on caption(which appears on webview) is not.

. I would contact qlik support for clarification, could be a bug.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am not sure if this is a bug. I think for the current selections box, it works like the clear all option that you see in the toolbar and this clear all overrides all alternate states.

Regards,

Greeshma