Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Current selection box - show value not 724 of 5454

Is it possible to show the specific value I am searching for rather than the '724 of 5454' shown below

current selection box.png

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

So it doesn't sound like what I am trying to do is possible

I have mocked up what I am trying to achieve

current selection box edit.png

It seems very strange that you can't display your own query. Is there a workaround for this maybe?

Surely there is a way of displaying the exact term you have typed into the search box

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Alex,

It is working as expected in Qliview 11.2 SR5, I am not sure which version you are trying. 

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan, i'm not disputing the fact it isn't working as expected. I would like to change the way it's displayed though

If I type in 'Smith' into the search box I want the fact I am searching that string displayed somewhere on the document, rather than the screenshot in my initial questions.

So I want the word 'Smith' displayed somewhere on my document, regardless of the number of results

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If there is a small finite number of searches you want then you could come up with a work around using flags in the load script.

if(Index([eCommercePublicNotes],'Smith')>0,'Smith',

if(Index([eCommercePublicNotes],'Jones')>0,'Jones',)) as _eCommerceFlag

Then you can use _eCommerceFlag as a filter an it would have the selections

Smith

Jones

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

A not so optimal solution is using an inputbox

Please find attached

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Indeed, you're walking a fine line here. The concept "query" has been introduced a long time ago to make people feel at home in QlikView. But it is as foreign to the internals of QlikView as is an index (the RDBMS concept), or a worksheet (an Excel concept). Ther is one exception: Direct Discovery.

A concept that does exist in QlikView is a search. However, upon pressing the Enter-key, a search string is translated immediately into a set of selections and thrown away. Because without explicit selections nothing in the QlikView associative DB would work.

There are various workarounds possible, but do not expect them to behave contrary to the internal mechanisms of QV.

Best,

Peter