Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Best tools for analyzing core dump files

Hi All,

I have an issue with our system. The reloads keep failing (different tasks not always the same and different data sources) - the crash created a core dump file. I have had a look at it with Visual studio but it doesn't really say anyuthing - also had a look at it with notepad and I could see a lot of stuff which are not in Visual Studio.

Coud you recommend me a tool what to use to analyze this dump file ?

Thanks,

G

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, if you're reduced to analyzing core dumps perhaps you should contact Qoncierge.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick respones, Gysbert.

I had a chat with the Qoncierege but it's just useless... wasted of time. I got redirected to support. Means I have to wait ages for a feedback what I already know or even they won't know.

So I'm after a tool to analyze myself and don't really want to involve support. Must be a way to analyze the dump file as it was created by Qlik Sense 1.1.0

Thanks,

G

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is it the same database driver that is causing the core dumps?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Petter,

Thanks for your reply.

What do you mean the same driver?

It's coming from Qlik Sense so I guess it's postgre.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Connections to databases are mainly done via ODBC or OLEDB which is the database connection layer in Windows. For every specific database vendor there is a database driver - which in your case seems to be PostgreSQL. The core dumps you are getting might indicate that it is a problem with your database driver.

Even though you are connecting to different databases they might be hosted on the same vendor database - thus using the same database driver. It might be worth looking into which version of the driver you are using and see if there are newer versions available that might fix your issues.

The symptoms you are seeing indicates that this is the place to look...

Not applicable
Author

Petter,

You meant the data source? Those are different data sources, MSSQL.
How do you know if it was DB driver?

I got some errors in the logs... saying something about .Net.SSL stuff.

I just would like to know how to read this file to be able to go to the good direction without wasting time on checking something what I shouldn't.

Thaks for your help.