Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charlotte_qvw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Is there a way to globally clear server objects, excluding bookmarks?

I can manually clear the sheet objects that users have created in the Documents > Server tab in the Management Console. Does anyone know of a way to delete these without clicking on each one individually? thanks.

Labels (2)
7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Perhaps, by deleting the physical .shared files from the document folder?

Not applicable

that will delete bookmarks too.

I don't think there is an easy way to do this

charlotte_qvw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, will try. I take it this will also remove the bookmarks?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes, user bookmarks and not document bookmarks.

Not applicable

Yes, one option that might work for you. Have a look a the powertools suite of applications, one of these is a shared file viewer application, you could use this to read to your shared file. I believe you can use the repair option of this to remove 'erroneous' objects in your case anything that isn't a bookmark.

Maybe give that a try

Hope that helps

Joe

charlotte_qvw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

thanks Joe

Not applicable

If that doesn't work (not sure as I haven't used it before), the final thing I can think of is if you use that tool, I htink you could also export out all the bookmarks as xml.

At that point you will have all bookmarks in the format, which means you should be able to import them back into the application (after deleting shared file), the import would create them all as user document bookmarks, so you'd just covert to server objects again.

The hassle would then be going into QMC and assigning the owner back to the original user

Joe