Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
help4qv123
Creator II
Creator II

QVD Necessary

Hi Friends,

I have got a small discussion, as we all know we use QVD for faster reload and incremental load . my question is after completion of development when i publish my dashboard in server there will be 2 jobs..one will be loaded from my extractor(source is Database) and QVD's are created and the 2nd will be from my dashboard (source is QVD).

So we say that to reduce reload time or for faster reload we use QVD's. But 1ce the dashboard is loaded the data is loaded in QVW.

so for what we use QVD.

Now, there are 2 reloads (Jobs):

1. Extractor ( Source is Database) ( Reload time is 25min)

2. Dashboard (Source is QVD) ( Reload time is 2min)

So instead of two reloads , y cant i make it one. where my connection will be direct from database???????Becze anyhow i have to refresh the QVD , for that i have the hit the database everyday......

14 Replies
help4qv123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you jagan,

so if i have only 1 dashboard no need of QVD(no incremental)

if i have more than 2 that use same table , then as u said QVD helps...right?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you want to do incremental definitely you need QVD. Incremental load is to load only the limited number of records.  for example

For the first time we will load all data from database, next time we will load only new or updated records.  This is called incremental loading.

Regards,

Jagan.

help4qv123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

ya that is ok. once i perform incremental load my qvd gets updated with new records...later again the chain continues...

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yes.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The multi-layer approach is well documented in BI literature and on the Qlik community site. Do a search for 'Data Staging' or '3-tier'. The last one took me to the following document. It is a compact explanation with almost all answers to questions about data layers. Well worth your time.

Best,

Peter