Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text wrapping in report

Hi,

I'm trying to convert some analysis in QlikView into a formal, documented report.

The results are from a market research survey.

In some of the survey free text responses, some respondents have written an essay(!) whilst others have given a single word response.

This is fine on screen as the pop-up view of text accommodated the longer answers but once I drag something like a Table Box into a report page, there seems to be no option for adaptive text-wrapping that will accommodate both short and longer responses?

Is there a work around for this?

Thanks,

Tim.

2 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Not for the report that I know of, maybe with reporting using NPrinting, which was recently acquired by Qlikview. You need an additional license though.

Without that you could think of some workarounds:

- in the Gui, you could make several objects, e.g.  one for short answers and one for longer answers where you set the wrap cell text to more lines (Dimension answer, expression e.g. if(Len(Answer)>60,Count(Answer),null())

And add these multiple objects to your report.

-In load script load each phrase of a answer into seperate records (Subfield?) with a record identifier....

lissicanton
Contributor II
Contributor II

Every time I try to write an essay or any other paper I face such problems so I have used several writing services in the past, but MyPaperWriter https://mypaperwriter.com/economic-paper-writing-service.htm stands out as one of the best. I hired them to write an economics paper and they did an excellent job. The writer demonstrated a deep understanding of economic principles and theories. The paper was thorough, well organized and free of any grammatical errors. I particularly appreciated the attention to detail and the excellent citations used in the paper.